The Financial Advisor Industry
At Pacer Financial we work with financial advisors across all distribution channels. This includes wirehouses, national broker dealers, regional firms and registered investment advisors (RIAs).
The financial advisor industry continues to grow. According to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics, between 2010 and 2020 the financial advisor industry is projected to increase by 32% adding over 66,000 new advisors in 10 years. This is being fueled by many factors including the baby boomer generation (those born between 1946 and 1964). This market segment is now looking for income solutions that will help them transition from accumulating assets to having a predictable, guaranteed income stream.
Opportunity in Wirehouses
- The wirehouse channel (Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo Advisors and UBS) has over 52,000 financial advisors.
- Total combined client assets is over $6.8 trillion
- Average asset per advisor is over $541 million
Second-quarter wirehouse breakdown
|Firm Comparison||Client Assets
(in trillions of dollars)
|Average Assets per Rep
(in millions of dollars)
|Bank of America Merrill Lynch||$2.05||$142.76|
|Wells Fargo Advisors||$1.70||$111.10|
|UBS Wealth Management Americas||$1.10||$158.18|
|Total||$6.88 trillion||$541.04 million|
Opportunity in RIAs
- RIA firms have increased their client numbers by 29% since 2009
- From 2012 - Q1 2014 the RIA channel grew to $396 billion and wirehouses to $360 billion
www.investmentnews.com, July 31, 2015